I don’t know about you but when I think of the Holidays, I get insta happy! I mean what is not to love about Christmas decorations, Holiday music, spending time with family, and all the cookies- am I right?? The Holiday season is such a special time of the year and one that I look forward to every year despite the bitter cold and snow here in the Midwest!
One of my favorite parts about Christmas is shopping for the perfect gifts for my friends + family! Giving gifts is definitely one of my love languages and it really does bring me so much joy when I see my loved ones get excited when they’re opening their presents! I like to really spend time thinking about each individual person and what gifts they would love the most!
If you’re someone who finds Christmas shopping a little stressful, don’t worry because you’re in the perfect place! Here at CMW, we’ve come up with some amazing gift ideas for the special women in your life. Whether your shopping for your mom, sister, friend, or coworker- we’ve got you covered! We’ve picked some of our favorite gifts for this Holiday season and in true CMW nature- we selected all businesses owned by women of course! Not only did we find some great gift options but we are featuring local + small businesses to well-established companies that are all about women empowerment and giving back! So grab a cup of hot cocoa and enjoy our take on this year’s Holiday Gift Guide!
1. Medium Moon Clutch by SSeko: Loving this moon shaped black & gold clutch from Sseko! It’s so cute and stylish and would be perfect to pair with any outfit! It’s also the perfect size to throw in your purse or travel bag to help keep your items organized! Another reason to love this clutch is because Sseko is such an amazing organization with a mission to support women in Uganda and provide enough income for them to attend University. Not only do they employ women in Uganda but they provide scholarships, create workshops, and are members of the Fair Trade Federation. This stylish clutch would make a great gift and you’re helping to support and empower women in a place where that hasn’t always been possible. I call that a win, win.
[ $59.99 ]
2. Warm + Cozy Soy Candle by Sweet Water Decor: This right here is basically my perfect Christmas night bottled up in a delicious smelling candle. This candle is described to have notes of: pine, orange, cinnamon, cypress and fir. They are hand-poured, made of soy, and free of gluten/lead/phalates. Sweet Water Decor has tons of amazing finds from candles to the cutest coffee mugs and so much more. Melissa is the owner + designer and started her business in 2014 from her basement. She’s now in over 3,000 botiques and continues to fulfill her dreams of motivating and inspiring her customers! [ $17.99 ]
3. Lana Woven Bowl by Tate + Tiegs: This basket is just beautiful and would be the perfect addition to anyone’s home. They have neutral colors like beige and white which I would typically be all about, but something about this sky blue is giving me all the feels. These baskets are handmade by female artisans in Rwanda and by purchasing one, you’re helping them “to raise healthy families, improve their living condition, and better their community”. Now that’s a mission we can get behind.
[ $35.00 ]
4. Slice and Bake Cookie Dough by Helen’s Cookie Dough: Okay, favorite gift on the guide right here, that’s right I said it. But seriously who doesn’t love some delicious Holiday cookies?! And the best part about these is that Helen creates the dough for you so all you have to do is thaw them in the refrigerator and pop them in the oven! That means your house not only gets to smell like freshly baked cookies but you don’t have to worry about cleaning up the mess in the kitchen afterwards. This girl is a genius, I tell you. I truly think this would make the PERFECT gift for anyone in your life because if you know someone who doesn’t like Holiday cookies well than, can they even be trusted?? She has six different options and be sure to check out her Instagram for more details on specifics and pick up dates! [ $25-$140 ]
5. Sincerity Blanket by Trade of: This cozy blanket would make a wonderful gift for someone special in your life! It’s black and white with fringed ends and gets softer with each wash. This blanket is made by women in India and each purchase helps to empower women so that they are able to earn an income, receive education and healthcare. Its neutral colors and diamond shaped pattern is a classic addition to any home decor and who doesn’t want to snuggle up with a cozy blanket on a snowy winter night? [ $38.00 ]
6. Grateful Sweatshirt by Caty + Rose Market: I stumbled upon Caty + Rose at last year’s UrbanFarmgirl Market and boy am I so happy that I did! They have the cutest t-shirts/ sweatshirts/ kids shirts with tons of sweet, Jesus inspired, uplifting, and funny phrases on them! There truly is an option for everyone and if you’re like me, you will want all of them! Caty + Rose was created by two women who share that they love Jesus, motherhood, style, and giving back. ( A portion of each item purchased is donated to charity)
[ $55.00 ]
7. Ennegram Primer by Ennegram Magazine: This magazine would make such a unique and special gift this Holiday season! The Ennegram Magazine was created by two women, Molly and Rebekah, who love Jesus and want to equip others with the tools that helped them find freedom through God. The Ennegram Primer is their first issue and the illustrations look so beautiful. This would look stunning on your coffee table and I love that it would be a great conversation starter! [ $30.00 ]
8. Holiday Wreath Soap by Happy Bath Bar: OH. EM. GEE. These hand-made soaps look absolutely incredible! I seriously didn’t know that soap could look so beautiful or so delicious looking! (cupcakes, cinnamon rolls, hot cocoa…need I say more??) Kellie is the maker of these wonderful soaps and all of her soaps are hand-made, vegan, and created in small batches. I’m so happy I found Happy Bath Bar and love that by purchasing one of their soaps, you’re supporting a small business owner! [ $7.50 ]
9. Wine Glass & Bottle Holder by Short Beach Woodworks (found at Wyckwood House): This hand-made wine bottle and glass wooden holder is a great gift option for the wine lover in your life! You can find this beautiful gift at the Wyckwood House in Aurora, IL or through their online shop. We wanted to feature the Wyckwood House because it is owned by Shannon Gutierrez and it’s a great way to shop small + local! The Wyckwood House features more than 40 local artisans with plenty of great items to choose from including: candles, coffee mugs, soaps, decor, and so much more!
[ $15.00 ]
10. 2020 Marble Dream Planner by Horacio Printing: This planner is just gorgeous and I love that it’s centered around God. The New Year brings fresh starts, new goals, and is often a time to reflect on the previous year and decide what it is that you want this new year to look like. This planner will not only keep you organized but it will inspire and encourage you to step into who God created you to be! And to top it off, 10% of every product sold is donated to A21 which is a non-profit organization that helps to fight human trafficking!
[ $45.00 ]
Well friends, I hope you enjoyed this year’s Gift Guide! I truly believe there is something here for everyone and if you’re anything like me- you will want all the things! Here at CMW we whole-heartedly believe in supporting women and you will do just that when purchasing any of these items. We also strongly believe in empowering women and that’s why it was so important to us to find gifts that you not only love but one’s that share our same mission. Whether the products are hand-made by women in countries like Uganda or India, or come from local + small businesses that help support female business owners, or companies that give a portion of their proceeds back to charities- they’re all working towards making this world a better place and that’s something you can feel good about this Holiday season!